Monday 21 November 2011

This blog has a new purpose/MLS

From now on, this blog is about my favourite sport in the whole wide world: soccer!

I'm such a soccer fan, and since I've been debating a lot about what the main focus of my blog should be, I've finally decided to talk about the beautiful game.

I've been a big soccer fan since I was six years old, when my uncle took me to a game of Hansa Rostock, my favourite German soccer team, and I've been a fan since. I play, I watch and I enjoy soccer as a part of my life. So yeah, here I am. Enjoy!
-----------------------------
The MLS final happened on Sunday night, as the Los Angeles Galaxy with David Beckham, Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane took on the Houston Dynamo, who won two MLS titles since their birth in 2006. LA won 1-0, with Donovan scoring the lone goal of the game, giving them their 3rd title in their club history.

Congrats to the Galaxy on a great season. They've dominated for most of the season and won the Supporter's Shield (awarded to the team with the most points during the regular season) deservingly. In the end, it's no surprise they took the trophy.

I wasn't much into the MLS until this year, when the league expanded to 18 teams, with the Portland Timbers and the Vancouver Whitecaps, two northwestern teams, going into their first season. As the season progressed, I got more and more into the action and it was really a great season to watch. Great games, many goals, and spectacular action highlighted one of the best seasons in MLS in my opinion.

How about Hassili's goal against Seattle, tying it up for Vancouver? Or that wonderful Nagbe volley into the corner to bring Portland within one against Kansas City?

Here's Nagbe's beauty, which won him Goal of the Year:


I can't wait for next season. The Montreal Impact will join next season, becoming the third Canadian team in the MLS and I believe the fans and the players can't wait either. It's gonna be awesome!

Oh, and by the way: Go Timbers! RCTID! 



No comments:

Post a Comment